Friday, February 27, 2009

XC racing at Adare


Last Sunday was the first round of SEQs Sunshine Series, the race was at the Adare property near Gatton, home of MTB legend John Pinnell.
I race in the Masters class, my 3rd season giving away my age here.
This was the first "short" XC race I've done on my Niner Air9, the bike weighs in at 10.3kgs with Maxxis tyres on and I was very pleased with the way it handled the twisting, technical single track, only on one particularly tight corner did I have a problem.
I'm a slow starter so I was dropped to about 12th on the first climb but fought my way back through the field for a creditable 5th, finishing just 9 second down on an old adversary, Kelvin. The podium getters were a few minutes further up the road.



Introduing my XC race bike;
Frame; Niner Air9 scandium alloy hard tail
Fork; Manitou Minute Abs 29er
Wheelset; Hope Pro2 hubs, Stan's ZTR355 rims, DT Swiss Revolution spokes
Brakeset; Furmula Oro Puro with A2Z rotors
Crankset; Middleburn RS8
Shifting; SRAM X9
Post; Thomson Masterpiece
Saddle; SelleItalia SLR
Bar and Stem; ARB
Headset; Chris King
Tyres; Maxxis or Stan's No tubes Raven, tubeless with sealant

No comments: